HAPPY PAKISTAN DAY
Dear Pharma Veterans. It is part of the original concept that individual Pharma Veterans will be profiled. These men and women spent their entire work life in Pharma Industry and contributed enormously. They are a reason for celebration and a source for inspiration. Would you like to have yourself profiled here? Please write to email@example.com
Continued from previous……
Training, Development, Grooming, improvement are all commendable jobs. Commercial aspect besides, no trainer would be effective if she/he does not have the passion to do good for others. Javed Akhtar has plenty of this passion. He says “whoever I am today is all because of this profession. I learned here and earned here and that changed my life completely. I feel indebted to return to the profession and to the society at large. My contribution is through training and development of others, particularly youth”.
JA is all for youth development as they are the future. His most important initiative at present is the ‘Rising Stars’ program. He started this program some time back in association with University of Management & Technology, Lahore.
This is how JA describes the program.
Javed’s Rising Stars
- Groom & Develop students, under-privileged youth, and start-up professionals through proper coaching & mentoring; Enable them to become confident for employment, Gain & Sustain their dream jobs and Excel in all areas of life.
- To improve personal & professional image.
- To increase self-awareness of workplace expectation.
- To gain necessary knowledge & skills for enhancing personal effectiveness at work.
- An interactive training session on the basics of Communication & Presentation Skills by Javed Akhtar
- One-on- one coaching and practice sessions on Communication & Presentation.
- Feedback for improvement/development
- Weekly tips on Employability Skills, Personal & Professional Development by Javed Akhtar
- 8-10 weekly sessions depending upon group size
- Certificates for all participants with 80% attendance and 50% practice in weekly coaching sessions.
- Life-long association with Rising Stars Community
- Timings: 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm (every Wednesday)
- Venue: Room # 608, 6th floor, SEN building, University of Management and Technology, Johar Town Lahore.
Rising Stars is a free-of-charge program. It is already into its 15th ‘Season’. The testimonials from attendees are full of praise and gratitude.
Javed Akhtar can be reached at https://www.facebook.com/javedxgsk
And at firstname.lastname@example.org
I wish and pray for Javed that he has a healthy long life and that he keeps doing the great work……